Dorset Tea Our Story
In 1934 our founder Keith Spicer started blending teas in his Bournemouth kitchen. Equipped with an old butcher’s bike he set out to deliver his creations to businesses around Dorset.
75 years later in 2009 Dorset Tea™ was created to celebrate Keith’s work and its Dorset’s natural beauty and sunshine which go into every cup today; that’s why we call it Golden Blend tea.
All in the Golden blend
Our tea blenders Tony Warr and Jimmy Medhora are experts in creating award winning teas and carefully select teas from Africa and India to keep Dorset Tea™ Golden Blend tasting as delicious today as it always has.
With 57 years combined tea blending expertise Jimmy and Tony work collaboratively with specially selected tea gardens, selecting only the best teas for use in our precious blend. They work hard to ensure that the Dorset Tea™ Golden Blend consistently delivers a smooth tea that is full of flavour. This is how we have retained our Great Taste Award since 2010.
Dorset Tea™ Golden Blend is available in packs of 40 & 80 square tea bags and 250 tea sachets (catering packs are also available so please contact us if you want to open a trade account). Decaffeinated Dorset Tea™ can also be bought in packs of 80 square tea bags.
Discover the Taste of Dorset
Our love of Dorset has inspired us to create a new range of fruit & herbal infusions and green teas which capture the all-round loveliness of our beautiful county.
From Strawberries & Cream tea to Cool Camomile, our new teas will bring you the taste of Dorset wherever you happen to be.
Fruit Tea Infusions
- Strawberries & Cream – as deliciously indulgent and as tasty as a Dorset strawberry cream tea.
- Blackberry Syllabub – juicy blackberry tea and indulgent cream flavours as deliciously decadent as this classic Dorset dessert
- Foraged Fruits – this wild fruit tea incorporates juicy blackberry, sweet strawberry and soft raspberry flavours inspired by Dorset’s abundant hedgerows and natural fruit.
Herbal Infusion Teas
- Wild about Mint– peppermint, wild herbs and tingling nettles as invigorating as Dorset’s sea breezes.
- Earl of Dorset – a herbal earl grey tea, celebrating all the great Dorset Earls.
- Cool Camomile – camomile with lemongrass & raspberry infusion inspired by Dorset’s laid back approach.
- Ginger with Sunshine Lemon - warming ginger and lemon infusion as glorious as a Dorset sunset.
- Pure Green Tea – light and refreshing pure green tea inspired by the lush, green Dorset countryside
- Green Tea with Sunshine Lemon – light and refreshing with a boost of zingy lemon. This lemon flavoured tea is bright and bold like a summer’s day in Dorset.
- Green Tea with Peppermint - Awaken your senses with our refreshing Green Tea; a breath of fresh Dorset air with peppermint flavour.
- Green Tea with Coconut - Feel the sand between your ties with our exotic limited edition Green Tea with Coconut.
Each flavour comes in a pack of 20 tea sachets.
So Discover the Taste of Dorset and shop the range now!
Our natural surroundings, its maintenance and the well being of workers are very important to us. We therefore only use 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified tea for our Golden Blend Dorset Tea™. This means that the workers and farmers who carefully grow and select the leaves in our tea can also enjoy a good quality of life, while protecting their natural environment which in as important to us as it is to them. For more information about Rainforest Alliance please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/