200g self raising
150g caster sugar
1 level tsp baking powder
2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup mixed fruit
2 tbsp strong Earl Grey
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180c/350f)
- Sift flour, baking powder and mixed spice in a large bowl. Then add the butter, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well with an electric/hand held mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the cold/room temperature tea and half of the currants
- Divide equally into cupcake holders
- Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool before dusting with icing sugar and mixed spice