Clem's Catch of the Day
- 2 big fillets of white flaky fish – our favourite is Turbot but works with Pollack, Cod, or anything caught on the day.
- 3 red onions, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- Rosemary sprig
- 1 red chilli or teaspoon flakes
- Juice of 3 lemons – include a bit of the flesh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- Fish Stock to cover veg
- Place all veggies in sauté pan, heavy base with the olive oil and garlic. Sweat gently on low heat until soft. Cover the vegetable with fish stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, rosemary and tinned tomatoes and a generous squeeze of lemon and chilli. Allow broth to bubble and turn down heat.
- Place fillets of fish onto top of tomato broth, put lid on and allow fish to cook. The dish is ready when the fish is opaque and looks ready to fall apart.
- Serve with good white loaf and plenty of real butter.