Love (will be) all around the south coast in February, as Dorset’s first gin distillery Conker Spirit has created a very special Valentini cocktail especially for Valentine’s Day, using its signature Dorset Dry Gin and Furleigh Estate sparkling rosé.
A romantic twist on the Millionaires’ Martini, the Valentini blends the subtle floral notes of Conker Spirit Dorset Dry Gin with Furleigh Estate's pale pink sparkling rosé wine and Antica Formula red vermouth, to create something pretty special, for someone pretty special.
Rebecca Hansford, owner of Furleigh Estate, said: “We were honoured that Conker Spirit chose to include our silver-medal-winning sparkling rosé in its special Valentini recipe. It was a welcome surprise to discover that combining gin and sparkling wine really works and I hope couples enjoy creating this quirky recipe come Valentine’s Day!”
Made in Dorset from British wheat spirit, New Forest Spring Water and Dorset-inspired botanicals, including elderberries, samphire and hand-foraged gorse flowers, Conker Spirit Dorset Dry Gin is set to hit selected wine shops, hotels and bars in the new-year and retails from £30 a bottle.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2015, award-winning Dorset vineyard and winery, Furleigh Estate creates a variety of still and sparkling wine, available at selected UK outlets, including Selfridges and the World Duty Free shops at Gatwick, Heathrow and the Eurotunnel or direct from the estate’s website. The sparkling rosé wine retails from £25.50 per bottle.
Valentini cocktail ingredients:
- 20ml Conker Spirit - Dorset Dry Gin
- 15ml Antica Formula red vermouth
- Topped up with Furleigh Estate sparkling rosé
- Garnish with half a strawberry
- Glass - Champagne flute
- Cool the champagne flute with ice and discard
- Pour 20ml of Conker Spirit - Dorset Dry Gin
- Add 15ml of Antica Formula red vermouth
- Top up the glass with chilled Furleigh Estate sparkling rosé
- Stir lightly to ensure the drink is well mixed
- Finish off with half a fresh strawberry